Did you know that the Community Recreation Center (CRC) offers ice sports in winter and court sports in summer?
- After breaking ground on April 21, 2021, the CRC officially opened to the public on “ICE” Friday, November 24, 2023.
- The majority of funding for the CRC and mobility hub was derived from Measure R and Measure U special use taxes. These voter approved special taxes are designated for the planning, construction, operation, maintenance, programming and administration of facilities and projects for Mobility, Recreation and Arts & Culture.
- LA Kings Ice at Mammoth Lakes operating between October and April offers public skating sessions, youth and adult hockey, figure skating, learn to skate lessons and curling clinics and leagues.
- Local K-12 students can skate at LA Kings Ice during public skate sessions for only $5.00 including rentals/helmets and everyone can skate Monday -Thursday during midweek lunch sessions for $8.00.
- To ensure indoor air quality and precision ice, the Town uses a lithium-ion Zamboni 552AC ice resurfacing machine funded from the Clean Air Projects Program and sponsored by the Southern California Toyota Dealers Association and Perry Motors.
- During the summer months, the Olympic sized rink will be transformed into the Mammoth RecZone - 3-court gymnasium, serving as the hub for the expanding Parks and Recreation summer camps and programs, as well as offering a multitude of court sports, such as basketball, futsal, volleyball, pickleball, arena soccer and more!
Click here to learn more about the new Community Recreation Center (CRC).