Did you know that the Town of Mammoth Lakes provides maintenance and support for approximately 30 miles of trails within the Town Boundary?
- Currently three miles of new trails are under construction in the Mammoth Lakes Basin.
- Voter approved Measures R & U, along with grants, donations, and volunteer labor support the Mammoth Lakes Trail System within the municipal boundary of the Town.
- The Town and its partners continue to promote education and appropriate trail use through the Mammoth Lakes Trail System Host Program.
- The new Office of Outdoor Recreation will house the existing Measure R trails program and will work to maintain and enhance trails and other outdoor infrastructure including bike racks, toilets, parking and signage.
- The Town, in cooperation with the Inyo National Forest helps to ensure trails are usable and safe through tree removal, erosion mitigation, and appropriate signage.
- There are many opportunities for the public to help support sustainable recreation, including Trail Days, Adopt-a-Trail, Tangle Free Waters, and the Host Program.
For more information visit mammothtrails.org.