Did you know that the Town has a 5-year and 20-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP)?
- The CIP is used as a guide for planning and budget purposes.
- Funding for the CIP comes from the Town’s General Fund, restricted funds such as gas tax, impact fees, State and Federal funds and from a variety of grant programs.
- The CIP is reviewed annually with projects often extending across fiscal years due to construction seasons and size of the projects.
- Significant projects in the 2022 CIP include over $20 million of investment:
- Completion of the Community Recreation Center.
- Roads and pedestrian improvements in The Parcel.
- New sidewalks, infrastructure and new paving on Laurel Mountain Road.
- Replacement of existing pedestrian crosswalks and the installation of a new one on Main Street.
- Road rehabilitation on Mountain Boulevard, Majestic Pines Drive, Fir Street, Pine Street, and Le Verne Street.
- Begin construction of a 4-unit affordable housing project on Joaquin Road.
A map of these improvements and more can be found: https://www.townofmammothlakes.ca.gov/898/Current-Projects