Did you know that the Mammoth Yosemite Airport (MMH) supports Advanced Airlines’ scheduled charter service, general aviation, Lifeflight, and forest fire-fighting aircraft?
- MMH remained open throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2020, there were more than 5,300 aircraft operations, including 518 helicopter operations.
- Advanced Airlines currently has scheduled charter flights landing at MMH a minimum of four days a week throughout the winter season and plans for summer service are underway. Current service includes flights to Burbank (BUR), Carlsbad (CLD), and Hawthorne (HHR – 10 minutes from LAX) on a 30-passenger Dornier 328 jet. Outbound flights on Thursday or Friday and return flights on Sunday or Monday are discounted by 20%. Locals can save an additional 20% by booking through AdvancedAirlines.com and using code MMHLOCAL (some blackout dates may apply).
- Charter service provides enhanced level of services as passengers reduce time spent at the airport in lines. Charter flights can also divert and land in Bishop if needed.
- If MMH achieves 10,000 annual passenger enplanements from charter services, the airport will receive $1 million in capital improvement funding from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Our staff uphold firefighting, emergency response, and snow removal training to support general aviation, charter service and wildland firefighting operations.
- Parking, ramp, fueling, a pilot’s lounge, and other services are also provided by our Fixed Based Operator (FBO) Hot Creek Aviation.