Did you Know?
The Town of Mammoth Lakes has recently committed over $6 million in new funding for community housing in addition to the past and ongoing investment in The Parcel development.
- In 2018, the Town spent $6.5 million to purchase The Parcel property and spent an additional $630,000 on the planning, environmental review, market analysis and community outreach in preparing for this landmark project. In partnership with The Pacific Companies, the Town secured a grant of $20.6 million for project infrastructure work. The first phase will be 80 units of new affordable housing available in 2023.
- The Town allocated $3 million for the design and construction of a new multi-unit housing complex at the recently acquired parcel at 60 Joaquin, providing six new rental units in 2022.
- The Mammoth Lakes Housing contract was funded for $336,000, which provides housing support and resources for the residents of Mammoth Lakes. (760-934-4740)
- The Town committed $1.5 million to Mammoth Lakes Housing to help fund its 11-unit housing project, Access Apartments, located at 238 Sierra Manor Road.
- The Town has set aside $1.5 million for future housing solutions and opportunities to work with private developers to generate at least six for sale or rental units over the next two years.
- $600,000 was committed to provide bridge financing to retain affordable, deed-restricted properties.