2023 Youth Sports Funding
The Town of Mammoth Lakes annually awards funds to organized, non-profit youth sports programs that provide enhanced programming or foster greater participation from low-income residents throughout the Town of Mammoth Lakes or Mono County.
The proposed Youth Sports Funding timeline is as follows. This schedule will be reviewed and finalized by the Parks and Recreation Commission on December 6, 2022.
- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2022: Youth Sports Funding Workshop, 5pm
- MONDAY, JANUARY 9, 2023: Application forms available online
- FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2023: Application deadline submitted via the online form by 5:00pm
- TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2023: Staff presentation and organization attendance at the Parks and Recreation Commission meeting scheduled at 2:30pm. The Commission will make their 2023 funding recommendations.
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15 OR MARCH 7, 2023: Funding recommendations presented to Town Council beginning at 6:00pm
To obtain additional information, or assistance, please contact Kat Kelly at email@example.com
To be considered, an application must be completed and submitted online by 5:00pm on Friday, January 27, 2023.
Parks and Recreation Department staff and the Parks and Recreation Commission will review all applications, giving special attention to those requests that reflect the following criteria:
- A sport or youth program that is a non-profit and registered with the State of California.
- Organized sport program that serve youth between the ages of 3-18 years old
- Organized sport program that offers consistent and structured opportunity for play to large groups of children
- Organized sport program which has limited funding sources or supports low-income households
- Organized sport program where funded participants volunteer for public benefit or community projects
In addition to providing information on the Youth Sports Funding Application, representatives from each organization are highly encouraged to attend the Parks and Recreation Commission meeting on Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 2:30pm, where the Commission will make their recommendations and often have questions for the applicants.
Please click on the link below to access the online application form or contact Kat Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further assistance.