Mammoth Virtual Wine Weekend - August 15
It's time once again to raise your glass and cheers to great vintages and great views – but this year, you can do it from the comfort of your own home or hotel room. Mammoth Wine Weekend is going virtual to bring you guided wine tastings from the winemakers themselves. Choose from four amazing California wine packages and join us on Saturday, August 15 via Zoom for this one of a kind wine tasting experience. Get your tickets today.
Coping in a COVID World - August 19
Join the Mono County Behavioral Health on Wednesday, August 19 at 5:30 p.m. for Coping in a COVID World, a discussion on how you are coping during the COVID-19 pandemic. This round-table conversation strives to provide meaningful ways, tips and proven advice to bring the community together. We look forward to talking with you! Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device anywhere across the entire County or community of Mammoth Lakes. Join the conversation or listen in and know you are not alone: https://monocounty.zoom.us/j/99456162274.
Mammoth Tuff - Submit your ride by September 30
Create your own biking adventure! Any distance, any elevation gain, with the opportunity to enter a variety of micro challenges including TUFF Rider, Most Mileage, Most Elevation, Takeout Titan, Gravel Reporter and Gravel Scavenger. All participants are entered into a raffle to win a bike from Niner and Shimano. Get more information and register here.
Commit to keeping Mammoth Lakes beautiful by taking the Mammoth Lakes Promise:
- I will know and practice the seven principles of Leave No Trace and help make Mammoth Lakes and the areas I recreate in better for others to enjoy in the future.
- I will clean up after myself and my pets (and maybe even others) by packing out all trash, including pet waste, and knowing how to properly dispose of human waste.
- I will do my part to reduce waste by bringing reusable water and food containers with me and properly disposing of any trash I do create.
- I will know my limitations and always be prepared so as not to put myself or others at risk for the sake of a bucket list summit or the perfect picture for the 'gram.
- I will be responsible with fire, respect local fire restrictions and ensure any fires I do make are put out completely before leaving camp
- I will respect wildlife by keeping a safe distance and never feeding wildlife or leaving trash for animals to find.
- I will protect the local drinking water and fisheries by recreating responsibly around waterways.
- I will do my part to travel sustainably by walking, biking or riding public transportation when possible. When I do drive, I will not invent my own by parking illegally in town or pulling off the road and damaging plant life.
- In winter, I will use snow chains when there are chain restrictions in place, fully clean snow off my vehicle before driving and respect the power of winter storms.
- I will leave Mammoth Lakes and the Eastern Sierra better than I found it.
See a full breakdown of California's Resilience Roadmap and where Mono County is on The Path Forward: Reopening Mono County Safely website here.