Be Snow Smart this winter by following and adhering to a few simple rules and lifesaving tips.
- Be Snow Smart this winter! Visit the Snow Smart page for links to road and highway conditions, chain restrictions, transit services, tow companies, taxi & shuttle services, emergency information, and more.
- Plan before you go - Winter storms can bring extreme cold, freezing rain, sleet, heavy snowfall, ice, and high winds causing transportation, heat, power, and communication disruptions. Prepare before you go to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your home.
- Winter parking restrictions - It is a violation of the Town’s Municipal Code to park on any roadway from November 1 through April 30. Please park your vehicle as far off the roadway as possible and inside the orange snow stakes. Identify your vehicle’s location with poles to keep it visible for snow removal operators. Overnight parking in Town maintained parking lots is not permitted.
- Take the bus! The FREE Red Line operates 7-days a week from 7:00am until 5:30pm throughout town and every 30 minutes from 5:40pm until 2:00am seven nights a week. Contact ESTA at (760) 924-3184 or download the free Transit app for updated routes and schedules. Winter transit service is scheduled to commence on Friday, November 10, 2023.
- Propane safety - You should NOT smell propane in your home. If you smell gas or are experiencing signs of a gas leak, immediately exit the premises, and call the AmeriGas 24/7 Emergency Line at (800) 805-0659. Call 911 for immediate assistance.
- Road conditions - For updated road conditions and chain restrictions visit the Caltrans Quickmap site or call (800) 427-ROAD / dial 511.
- Public information - During winter storms and emergencies, listen to KMMT 106.5, Sierra Wave 92.5 or KIBS 100.7 FM or follow the Town's Facebook page for chain restrictions, road closures or shelter openings.