The Town has completed or is working to complete the following recreation amenities for our residents and visitors:
- The Town has invested over $1.1 Million in our parks and recreation infrastructure since 2017.
- Reopened Tennis Courts 5 and 6 with a new Sport Court modular system that suspends over the existing court surface offering excellent traction, ball response, superior shock absorption and lateral forgiveness.
- Installed a new fixed height all-weather basketball system at the Community Courts and replaced the old hoop at Shady Rest Park.
- Repurposed the old outdoor ice rink to a Community Pickleball Complex with six regulation courts.
- Building a year-round Community Recreation Center (CRC) offering ice sports in winter at LA Kings Ice, and court sports, summer camps and adult programming in summer at the Mammoth RecZone.
- Constructing a new Park at The Parcel with a 2–5-year-old playground to support the new Mono County Office of Education operated childcare facility, and a 5–12-year-old playground for the community.
- A 1-acre community dog park, sponsored by T-Mobile, will open later this fall on the Mammoth Lakes Foundation leased site with parking for 40 vehicles.
- Completed the expansive Ballfield Rehabilitation Project on softball field #2 (lower field) at the Whitmore Recreation Area. The field was leveled and resized to Little League and High School Softball dimensions with new outfield fencing and infield mix.