This summer, the Town continues to invest in our “feet first” efforts, encompassing pedestrian connectivity and safety with multiple sidewalk construction projects. Construction for the south side of the Lower Main Street Sidewalk project began on April 15, 2019. The sidewalk, which is consistent with the design along the north side of Main Street, will extend from Manzanita Road to Laurel Mountain Road. Also included is a section on the north side from Sierra Blvd. to Mountain Blvd. Construction for all these projects is expected to last through the end of summer.
During construction, all business access will be maintained and kept open. However, much of the Frontage Road parking near the proposed sidewalk will be closed for a portion of the project. Business owners should keep an eye out for an informational meeting to be held prior to the start of construction.
The Town is excited to complete this project, the largest phase of the program that represents an investment of over $8 million and includes (from west to east):
• Minaret Connector from 8050 to the Mammoth Brewing - substantially complete
• Utilities undergrounding from Mountain to Minaret - complete
• Upper Main Street Wall and Sidewalk from Mountain to Minaret - substantially complete
• Lower Main Street Sidewalk, north side from Post Office to Forest Trail - substantially complete; and,
• Lower Main Street Summer 2019 as described above.
For additional information about the Main Street Sidewalk Construction project, please contact Haislip Hayes at (760) 965-3652 or via email at email@example.com.