Beginning Monday, September 9, the mandatory Eastern Sierra Transit Authority (ESTA) Reds Meadow Shuttle from the Adventure Center at Mammoth Mountain Ski Area to Devils Postpile and through the Reds Meadow Valley will end its daily service. The transition shuttle schedules are as follows:
Now through September 4:
• 7:30am to 10:00am, and 4:00pm to 7:00pm; every 45 minutes or less.
• 10:00 am to 4:00pm; every 20 minutes or less.
• The last bus out of the Valley departs Reds Meadow Resort at 7:45pm.
September 4 through September 8:
• 10:00am to 6:00pm with an approximate 30 minute frequency.
• The last bus out of the Valley departs Reds Meadow Resort at 5:00pm
Weekends only - Saturday, September 14 through October 13:
• Visitors may drive their personal vehicles into the Valley. The Devils Postpile parking lot will be closed during this time and visitors will be directed to park at Reds Meadow Resort and take the bus to the Devils Postpile. The complimentary and mandatory shuttle will operate from the parking area at Reds Meadow Resort to the Devils Postpile National Monument from 10:00am to 3:30 pm.
The extended shuttle service is supported by the Town of Mammoth Lakes to provide for improved safety and reduction of congestion on the very popular destinations in the Reds Meadow Valley and enjoyment of the golden fall colors.