The Town of Mammoth Lakes has donated harvested wood from The Parcel (formally known as Shady Rest) in Mammoth Lakes and has asked IMACA to identify low-income families in need of firewood. This program is a volunteer/Community program and is not affiliated with the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, operated by IMACA.
Applicants will be required to complete a Town of Mammoth Lakes “Volunteer Waiver Form” and agree to hold harmless Inyo Mono Advocates for Community Action, Inc. Applicants will need to arrange to pick up and transport the firewood at a designated time, if approved. Wood is cut in 16” rounds.
In order to apply for the firewood, please do the following:
- Go to the IMACA website, www.imaca.net and complete the application “Town of Mammoth Lakes, NON-LIHEAP Wood Application.”
- When the application is complete, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to:
- 625 Old Mammoth Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546 or 137 East South Street, Bishop, CA 93514
- Once your application has been received, it will be processed and you will be notified if it meets the eligibility criteria.
- Please be sure to leave a good contact number or email address. You will be notified of the distribution location, date and pick up time via phone or email. Please do not call Inyo Mono Advocates for Community Action, Inc., or the Town of Mammoth Lakes for status updates. You will be contacted if you applied for the program.