EXTENDED THROUGH FEB 6
Snowman Building Competition
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
How will you stand out from the crowd? Will your snowman make us laugh, change our perspective or be fashionably accessorized?
Give your snowman a sense of adventure. What do they like to do? Ski? Climb? Knit? Snorkel?
All submissions will be entered into a poll where the public can vote on them
Winners will be announced on Thursday, February 11.
Thanksgiving Recipe Raffle
Share your favorite Thanksgiving recipes on our Facebook event page (https://rb.gy/dv9ak3), every recipe submitted will be entered into a raffle to win $20. Share a picture of your recipe card, a web link, or a picture of the completed recipe with recipe in post. Submit your recipes between Monday November 9 and Monday, November 23 at 7:00 pm, raffle drawing held on November 24 so your can spend your $20 on your Thanksgiving meal. Help us build the most delicious and well tested Thanksgiving menu. Appetizers, drinks, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, leftovers, etc. Let's make this Thanksgiving extra delicious!
Gratitude Spinner Raffle
Fun craft idea for all ages. Now more than ever let's practice some gratitude. Create one of these gratitude spinners and submit a photo of your finished product to our Facebook event page to be entered into win a gift card for $20.
1. Download an activity page here or pick it up an activity page from the COVID-19 notice boards posted at Vons, RiteAid, Grocery Outlet at the Post Office. Or you can create your own with the directions below.
- Draw a circle on a page
- Starting in the center, draw a spiral to fill the circle. No need for perfection here – a freehand spiral will work just fine!
- Go ahead and cut out your circle, but don’t cut on your spiral lines yet.
- Write a list of all the things you are thankful for inside the spiral. Use markers in fall colors for their writing.
- Once you have filled the spiral with words, flip it over and decorate the back.
- Carefully cut along the spiral lines.
- The last step is to add some yarn or string for hanging your spiral. Punch a small hole in the center of the spiral, thread your yarn through, and tie a knot on the back.
- Hang your wind spinner and watch your words of gratitude spin in the breeze!
2. Post a picture of your completed thankful wind spinner and tell us one thing you are thankful for on our Mammoth Parks N Rec Facebook event page here: https://fb.me/e/37haMQIiv.
3. All submissions due between November 12 and Thanksgiving Day (November 26) with the drawing on November 27.
4. Have fun and give thanks!