Recreation This Week!
ALL RECREATION - ALL THE TIME!
Recreation This Week! is a weekly e-newsletter compiled by the Recreation Department for the community of Mammoth Lakes. In it you will find a weekly sampling of our boundless recreational opportunities in one of the world's most spectacular playgrounds.
Whether you're looking for family fun, learning new things, challenging your endurance or simply rejuvenating the soul, we hope you'll take advantage of what awaits you in Mammoth Lakes.
Recreation This Week - July 12, 2018
Our celebration of National Park and Recreation Month continues this weekend with the Mammoth Men’s Softball Tournament at Shady Rest Park. Take in a game this weekend at this fast-paced, competitive tournament! Check us out on Facebook (Mammoth Parks N Rec) see all of our events.
- Come swim with us this summer! Head to the Whitmore Pool for lap swim, open swim and swim lessons! We still have some openings in Week Long Swim Lessons Session V. Season passes and 5-punch passes are available at the pool.
- Community Center Tennis Programs
- Adult Drop-in Tennis Clinics are available for intermediate and advanced adults every Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:30 until 5:30 p.m. Each session is just $10 per person. Punch cards available!
- Join our free Sunday Tennis Social from 9:30 a.m. until noon. Meet some new people and practice your game.
- Private tennis lessons are also available on Tuesdays from 2:30 until 3:30 p.m. with advanced reservations. $25 per half hour.
- Take your game to the next level with Coach Kyle this summer!
- Mammoth Lakes Trail System along with Inyo National Forest are striving to clarifying e-bike rules and regulations in and around town. Brief yourself on the rules and regulations and make sure you recreate responsibly.
- Mammoth Food & Wine Experience is happening this weekend! Festivities include wine seminars at Mammoth Rock Brasserie, a Wine Walk in the Village on Friday evening followed by the Grand Tasting on Saturday night at Sierra Nevada Resort and Spa. Help support higher education and cultural enrichment in the Eastern Sierras while discovering new wines or enjoying some old favorites. Get your tickets today!
- The Crowley Skate Park Grand Opening is Friday, July 16. Swing by and support the newest skate park in the Eastern Sierras. Light refreshments will be available.
- Join Mono Arts Council’s Art and Wine Series Plein Air Still Life Painting with Heidi Goodwin this Saturday, July 14 from 3:00 until 5:00 p.m. the Westin Monache Resort pool. Register today!
- Check out the Eastern Sierra Book Festival on Sunday, July 15 at Hayden Cabin. The speaker series begins at 9:00 a.m. and continues until 6:00 p.m. followed by a literary happy hour. Admission is free and all book sales go to support the Mammoth Museum at Hayden Cabin.
- Get Golf Ready: Junior edition round two begins on Monday, July 16 and continues each Monday evening through August 13. Let the kiddos get some tips from the pros.
- Free Teen Writers Workshop is at the Mammoth Lakes Library July 16 through July 21. This workshop aims to empower teens through creative writing.
- Join Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra Wednesdays through October for their weekly adaptive cycling group. Build endurance, stamina, and independence with a great group of riders exploring the roads and paths of Mammoth Lakes and the Eastern Sierra this summer. DSES provides bikes, personalized and group instruction, and camaraderie for a special monthly lesson rate. Take advantage of this great opportunity for adaptive athletes by calling 760.934.0791 or emailing email@example.com
- Get Golf Ready: Ladies round two begins Wednesday, July 18 and continues on Wednesday evenings through August 15. Get some tips from the pros as you learn the game of golf or improve your swing while building camaraderie with fellow female golfers. Open to all levels.
- Unbound Chamber Music Festival – July 19-28
- Mammoth Coed Softball Tournament- July 21-22
- Mammoth Reggae Festival – July 20-21
- Mammoth Villagefest – July 27-29
- Coed Beach Volleyball Tournament – July 28
- Trek Dirt Series Mountain Bike Camp – July 28-29
- Mammoth Festival of Beers – August 1-5
- Pacific Fine Arts Festival – August 3-5
- Mammoth Margarita Festival – August 10-11
- Mono Basin Seminars
- Chamber of Commerce Events
Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to Recreation This Week or contact Lauren Plum at or (760) 965-3699. This is an opt-in e-newsletter and will not be sold or used for any other purpose.
Access the Recreation This Week Archive to catch up on all the news, events or programs that you missed!