Recreation This Week!
ALL RECREATION - ALL THE TIME!
Recreation This Week! is a weekly e-newsletter compiled by the Recreation Department for the community of Mammoth Lakes. In it you will find a weekly sampling of our boundless recreational opportunities in one of the world's most spectacular playgrounds.
Whether you're looking for family fun, learning new things, challenging your endurance or simply rejuvenating the soul, we hope you'll take advantage of what awaits you in Mammoth Lakes.
Recreation This Week - March 22, 2018
I know it is hard to think about summer when it’s dumping snow outside but it will be here before you know it, right? To help plan your summer and get the word out about opportunities available to you, we are hosting the 4th Annual Summer Recreation Open House on Tuesday, March 27 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the Mammoth Elementary School MPR. Recreation providers from the Eastern Sierras will be on hand to inform you about what they do and what programs they offer for your children and yourself! Swing by the Mammoth Parks and Recreation booth to sign up for your 5% off coupon (good for one summer transaction with as many summer camps and programs as you like). We hope to see you all on Tuesday!
- Join our annual Easter Egg Hunt on Friday, March 30 at Mammoth Creek Park. The hunt begins promptly at 3:15. Don’t forget to bring a bag for all your goodies and a camera for all the photo ops including an appearance by the Easter Bunny!
- Summer Camp registration will open on Monday, April 2 at 8:00 a.m. P.S.T. Be sure to create an account and profile for yourself and your child(ren) ahead of time so you will be ready to go when registration opens. Call me ahead of time or swing by our booth at the Summer Recreation Open House if you have any questions about your account.
- Adult Coed Volleyball League continues on Wednesday evening at the Mammoth Middle School Gym.
- Congratulations to La Palma as they took 1st place in our Adult Indoor Soccer League winning 3-1 over Bishop FC. Black Tie came in third (7-5) over Lakanuki. Thanks to all our teams for another successful season. We hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did and we look forward to seeing you next year!
- Toddler Time meets on Tuesdays from 9:30-11:00 AM. Each 4-week session is $48 with a 50% sibling discount. Drop-in rates are available.
- Peapod Playgroups continue in Mammoth in Spanish on Wednesdays from 1:00-2:00 p.m. and on Thursdays in English from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. and in Crowley Lake on Fridays from 10:30 to 11:30. Sessions meet at the community center and all families with children birth through age five are welcome!
- Tonight is opening night of Sierra Classic Theatre’s The Last of the Red Hot Lovers. The show will run Thursdays through Sundays, March 22 through April 1 at Edison Theatre. Get your tickets today!
- Sierra Wellness Center is offering free Yin Yoga Stretch classes on Tuesdays and Fridays in March from 1:30 until 2:30 p.m. Check out a class this week!
- Join Mammoth Lakes Library’s Dr. Seuss reading challenge for children ages 0-5. Complete five activities and get a free book while supplies last.
- 2018 Flash Foxy Women’s Climbing Festival is Friday, March 23 through Sunday, March 25 in Bishop. Come celebrate the community of badass women climbers. Beginner climbers welcome!
- Eastern Sierra Cancer Alliance is conducting a Blue Ribbon Fun Run and Walk to raise awareness of Colon Cancer on Saturday, March 24 starting at Brown’s Campground. 3k, 5k, and 10k distances available.
- Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra and Mammoth Mountain are proud to host the 2018 U.S. & Canadian Para Alpine National Championships with races on Tuesday, March 26 through Friday, March 30. Come cheer on these athletes and get some inspiration!
- Mammoth Lakes Rotary Club Poker Tournament will be on Wednesday, March 28 from 5:00 to 11:00 p.m. at Lakanuki. All proceeds benefit the Community Emergency Response Team, the Mammoth Lakes Rotary Club scholarship program and Chamber Music Unbound. Sign up today!
- MAC’s Art and Wine Series: Pendants and Beaded Chains with Danielle Dublino – March 30
- Easter Egg Hunt at Mammoth Creek Park – March 30
- DSES’ Spring Expo – March 31
- Easter Weekend in the Village – March 31-April 1
- Tablelands Archaeology Walk – March 31
- REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER CAMPS OPENS – April 2
- Owens Lake Bird Festival – April 27-29
Have a great weekend and stay warm out there!
Subscribe to Recreation This Week or contact Lauren Plum at or (760) 965-3699. This is an opt-in e-newsletter and will not be sold or used for any other purpose.
Access the Recreation This Week Archive to catch up on all the news, events or programs that you missed!